This is the first edition of the Talk of the Sound Newsletter. Each week we will send a weekly summary of the top news stories from Talk of the Sound and Elsewhere on the Web plus information about Talk of the Sound Radio. Please share this NEW newsletter with your friends; they can subscribe using the Newsletter Block located at the bottom of the right column of our home page.
The big news this week is that Talk of the Sound Radio will air live on the Blog Talk Radio Network starting today at 11 AM ET. To listen click the Blog Talk Radio player on the home page.
Top Stories from Talk of the Sound
- New Rochelle Public Library Discloses Financial Mismanagement
- How Municipal Corruption Works in New Rochelle: A Case Study from the New Rochelle Board of Education’s Painter-Working Foreman Part II
- New Rochelle’s Talk of the Sound Radio is Moving from WVOX to the Web
- New Rochelle Police Officers Clearing Out “Training House” Materials from Mariano Riviera’s North Avenue Church
- New Rochelle Building Inspector Lashes Out at Talk of the Sound Editor, Threatens Lawsuit Over References to Past DWI
- New Rochelle Police Capture Bank Robbers Following High Speed Chase on I-95
- SUV Rollsover At Garden Street Near I-95 in New Rochelle
- Making It Easier to Read New Rochelle’s Talk of the Sound with Services like Instapaper, Read It Later, and Readability
Top New Rochelle Stories from Elsewhere on the Web
- Westchester Magazine: Richard Fevang Makes List of Winners and Losers
- WCBS-TV: Ex-Prep-School Student From New Rochelle Admits Role In Central Park Robbery Spree
- Patch: MTA Chief’s Exit Yields New Calls for Audit, Repeal of Payroll Tax
- New York Post: NY turns negative on Bam
- Patch: Beach Bar at Hudson Park in Full Swing
- The Loop: How Green is My…Lake?
- Wall Street Journal: Analyst: Patch costs AOL about $150,000 per site, $160 million a year
- Westchester County Board of Legislators: Charter Commission Moving Forward
- Patch: Maple Terrace Renovations Planned Under New Developer
- Journal News: Former House candidate Jim Russell arrested at Journal News on trespass charge
- OnlocationVacations: ‘The Bourne Legacy’ expected to film in New Rochelle, NY this fall
- TUAW: Cablevision, Viacom settle suit over TV on the iPad
- The Daily New Rochelle: New Rochelle Recognizes Youth For Contributions
- Journal News: New Rochelle finances generally healthy in audit
- Bob Marrone/Patch:The Voice of New Rochelle: Green Lakes and Gazebos
- A Lesson in Economics 101 for Mr. Cam 4378 reads
- Nurse's Aide Arrested at New Rochelle Nursing Home for Elder Abuse 4242 reads
- Nightmare on Stephenson Boulevard: Why Did Patrick Hickey Have So Much Pull? 3727 reads
- New Rochelle Board of Education Announces New Administrators for 2011-12 School Year 3462 reads
- Nightmare on Stephenson Boulevard: The Dark End of the Street 2651 reads
- Nightmare on Stephenson Boulevard: New Rochelle Court Issues Stunning Defeat for Patrick and Tracey Hickey in Five Year Long Battle with Neighbor 2358 reads
- How Municipal Corruption Works in New Rochelle: A Case Study from the New Rochelle Board of Education's Painter-Working Foreman 2110 reads
- Another Alleged Sexual Assault by Another New Rochelle Schools Employee; Victim Related to Senior Government Official 2096 reads
- Jeanne Torigian Neville, Founder of Butterflies from Jodie, Passes Away at 58 1825 reads
- Iona College to Withdraw Controversial Mayflower Dorm Project 1666 reads
by Kevin Barrett
by Matthew Pryce
- WVOX Good Morning Westchester Guest Robert Cox Friday 8/19 7:50 PM
- Wildcliff’s Indie Friday’s (Jam Session) Friday 8/19 5:30 PM
- Stage Play: All My Struggles Sunday August 21 6:00 PM
- The Ponytails at Summer Sounds Concert Series 2011 Wed. August 24, 7:00 PM
- Brickyard Bistro: Karaoke Thursday August 25, 7:00 PM
Every Friday at 11 AM, you can listen live, call the show or join the chat room from the Talk of the Sound Radio Show Page. A podcast of the show is archived and available on the web immediately after the live show ends at 12 PM. You can call-in to the show on our studio line: (805) 830-8302. You can listen on a a mobile internet device that can stream audio like an iPhone, Android, HTC or similar, you can stream audio from the Talk of the Sound Mobile Show Page.
Talk of the Sound focuses exclusively on New Rochelle, the seventh-largest city in New York State with a population of 75,000 people. By every measure, Talk of the Sound is the most widely read source of news and information in New Rochelle with more than 35,000 unique visitors a month serving up over 100,000 page views a month. Launched on September 1, 2008, Talk of the Sound has had over a half-million readers and served up 1.4 mm page views. The site has gained a well-deserved reputation as the place to go to get the inside story in New Rochelle and is widely read among key influencers in the City of New Rochelle [read more].
Follow Talk of the Sound on the Web
- Talk of the Sound
- Talk of the Sound on Twitter
- Talk of the Sound on Facebook
- Talk of the Sound on Flickr
- Talk of the Sound YouTube Channel
- Talk of the Sound on Blog Talk Radio
- Talk of the Sound Rate RSS
Talk of the Sound has partnered with SpotCrime to provide display maps of New Rochelle crime data. You can view the map on Talk of the Sound and sign up for alerts for reports of crime in the vicinity of your neighborhood. Know your neighborhood. Sign up for your local crime alert today!
Robert Cox is the publisher and managing editor of Talk of the Sound. For contact information click here.