Today we see if readers can answer the question: Who is the Troll?
After our investigations team turned up evidence that Frank Demasi, a carpenter working for the New Rochelle School District, was taking home a van at night and on weekends without authorization, an “anonymous commenter” began defending Demasi and attacking this site. In Internet parlance this person is known as a “troll”. This person was leaving so much information about their identity that we decided to offer a reader challenge to see if we could identify the troll based on the breadcrumbs they have been leaving on the site.
What has our troll revealed about himself in the content of his comments and in the log files of this site which track the IP addresses of visitors and commenters on this site?
1. They have spoken with Mr. Demasi.
2. They know how many years he has worked for the district.
3. They know when his work day ends and whether or not he is required to punch a time card.
4. They had access to surveillance video at Isaac Young Middle School.
5. They know who’s name the three ‘personal’ vehicles are registered.
6. They also know of numerous thefts that occurred at the NRHS House 4 parking lot.
7. They don’t think that there’s anything wrong with bringing the van home. That’s not considered corrupt, it’s considered a fringe benefit or a job perk!
8. This person has access to personal information about employees of the City School District of New Rochelle.
9. This person does not care about disclosing confidential personnel information about district employees
10. They uses the term “past practices” to defend Mr. Demasi, a term used by union officials to indicate a practice which was known by both labor AND management so by using this term our troll is not only outing themselves but indicting the administration of the school district (and saying that Demasi lied to me).
11. Our troll posts from within New Rochelle but has, from time to time, posted comments from a Verizon account in Buffalo, NY and an Optonline account in Yonkers.
12. This person was in Buffalo last weekend.
Let’s see how this stacks up against what we know about Marty Daly, the President of the New Rochelle Teachers Union and President of the New Rochelle PTA.
1. Marty Daly lives at 14 Healey Place in Tuckahoe, NY (Yonkers) with his partner Craig.
2. Marty Daly is originally from Buffalo, NY. His mother lives there now. The photo below is Marty at a union meeting in Buffalo several weeks ago.
3. Marty Daly teaches one class at Isaac E. Young Middle School for which he is paid over $100,000 a year; and has an office near City Hall so he would have access to computers in New Rochelle including school district computers.
4. Marty Daly is the President of F.U.S.E., the New Rochelle teachers union and so would be very familiar with term “past practices”.
5. New Rochelle School District carpenters are represented by F.U.S.E. in negotiations with the New Rochelle school district so Mr. Daly’s organization would represent Mr. Demasi in any disciplinary matters before the school district.
6. As Demasi’s union rep, Daly would be be familiar with his work schedule, how many years he has worked for the District and so on.
7. Daly’s job as union boss would also include him representing security guards at Isaac E. Young Middle School and have responsibility at Isaac and New Rochelle High School.
8. Daly would have access to personal information about union members including my wife.
9. Daly has demonstrated in the past a flagrant disregard for protecting confidential information about union members.
10. Daly has a history of commenting on web site to attack critics of the New Rochelle school district.
We report, you decide!