The Save our Armory Committee made a presentation to the New Rochelle City Council on July 20, 2010 to describe their plans for a re-adaptive use of the New Rochelle Armory. Speakers including Save Our Armory Committee Co-Chairs Ron Tocci and Peter Parente and SOA Executive Committee members John Verni and John D’Alois. The entire presentation including Q&A ran to about 40 minutes; to meet the requirements of YouTube it is necessary to break the video into four parts.
Part 1 of 4: Introduction and Vision for the Armory, Ron Tocci.
Part 2 of 4: Tech & Uses, Peter Parente.
Part 3 of 4: Finance, John Verni and Closing Remarks, John D’Alois & Ron Tocci
Part 4 of 4: Q&A with City Council
- Noam Bramson thanks SOA from coming.
- Barry Fertel asks for copy of Engineering Report.
- Noam Bramson explains limitations City is under due to Forest City MOU.
- Noam Bramson asks for indication of Monroe College’s level of interest in this concept
- Noam Bramson suggests that Forest City, Monroe College and Save Our Armory Committee Meet.
- Chuck Strome explains that Forest City controls all discussions on Armory property and building until December 31, 2010.
- Noam Bramson asks John Verni if “sources and uses” financial document is available?
- Richard St. Paul asks about Armory Removal (edited out due to length issues)
- Council and Staff discusses Forest City’s rights under MOU (edited out due to length issues) after which Noam Bramson explains Next Steps within that context.
- Richard St. Paul asks what the impact will be on the MOU or RFP from which the MOU was derived if Forest City plan does not include the Armory?
- Ron Tocci asks whether, if Forest City allows it, SOA can get into the building and make emergency repairs before winter?