We are always reading about the home towns of the various celebrities, politicians and sports stars, but did you know that the following people once lived or are currently residing in New Rochelle?
* Peter Lind Hayes and Mary Healy – They lived in a beautiful home on Mount Tom Road until the mid 1970s – and I had the pleasure of selling their former home earlier last year for $1.6M. Stars of both stage and screen, they lived in New Rochelle for over 40 years, and entertained the public for many more .
* Ruby Dee and the late Ossie Davis – Both were/are long time philanthropists, actors, and there is currently a theater named after Mr. Davis at our Public Library.
* Jay Leno – Yes the Jay Leno – but only for a few months and then his family moved away!
* Andrea McArdle – Broadway’s original “Annie” – hey – remember New Rochelle is only 45 minutes from Broadway – as the saying goes.. (closer now)
* Willie Mays – Hall of Fame baseball player
* Robert Merrill – operatic baritone – who would sing at each home Yankee game.. his home just recently sold for $1,375,000
To link on the remainder of this post, please click here