NEW ROCHELLE, NY — County Executive Robert P. Astorino announced today that online registration is now open for swimming classes at Saxon Woods pool in White Plains, Tibbetts Brook pool in Yonkers and Playland pool in Rye.
In addition to Learn-to-Swim lessons for children and adults, new this year is an Aqua Zumba and Cardio Aqua Fit class for adults at Tibbetts Brook pool.
“Learning how to swim is a valuable skill that opens the door to fun and countless recreational opportunities for a lifetime,” Astorino said. “We’re pleased to add the new Aqua Zumba and Cardio Aqua Fit class, which offers adults a high-power cardio workout.”
The Aqua Zumba and Cardio Aqua Fit class is offered on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., at Tibbetts Brook pool. The class integrates Zumba philosophy with traditional fitness disciplines resulting in a high-power workout designed for total body conditioning and cardiovascular fitness. The program runs for six sessions from Saturday, July 2 through Saturday, August 6. Fee for the class is $75. A Park Pass is not required but participants must be Westchester County residents. Only online registration will be accepted.
For children and for adults those just getting started with swimming, Learn-to-Swim lessons are offered for all ages and ability levels, from toddlers age 3 up to senior citizens. Classes begin Tuesday, July 5, and run through Friday, July 29. Lessons for both teens and adults will be held only at Saxon Woods pool.
The schedule for classes at Tibbetts Brook and Saxon Woods is as follows:
· Pre-schoolers ages 3 – 5: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
· Children ages 6 – 8: Wednesdays, from 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m., and Fridays, from 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
· Children ages 9 – 12: Thursdays and Fridays, from 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
· Adults and teens (13 and up): Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. (Saxon Woods only)
The schedule for Playland Pool is as follows:
· Pre-schoolers ages 3 -5: Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
· Children ages 6 – 8: Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
· Children ages 9 – 12: Fridays, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Registration fee is $75, which includes pool admission fees for the participant. Adults and teens participating in the Learn-to-Swim program at Tibbetts Brook and Saxon Woods pools must present a valid Westchester County resident Park Pass on the first day of class; children under 12 registering for the lessons must be accompanied by a Park Pass-holding parent or adult guardian. A Park Pass is not required at Playland. Only online registration will be accepted.
For more information or to register for the program, go to parks.westchestergov.com.