Propane Generator Ignites House Fire in New Rochelle

Written By: Robert Cox

NEW ROCHELLE, NY — A propane gas-fueled generator caught fire at a house in New Rochelle sending flames shooting up the side above a basement garage. No one was home at 14 Lawrence Place when the fire broke out.

The owner of the home told Talk of the Sound the generator located just outside the garage door caught fire.

A neighbor saw flames on the side of the house and call 911.

The man, who lives in the house with his daughter, said although they were not at home when the fire began their dog was home.

No injuries were reported.

Fire damage was limited to the exterior of one side of the house.