3 Women Interviewed by Westchester DA in Review of New Rochelle Councilman’s Sexual Assault Claims; Matter Closed

Written By: Robert Cox

NEW ROCHELLE, NY (August 17, 2026) — Three women referenced in an anonymous 2024 letter alleging sexual assault by New Rochelle City Council member Shane Osinloye were contacted and interviewed by Westchester County District Attorney’s Office investigators, who determined no criminal case could be pursued and closed the review in August 2024.

Anna Young, director of communications and public affairs for the office of Westchester County District Attorney Susan Cacace, confirmed the details in an email responding to an inquiry about New Rochelle Police Department Case #24-000929.

Under the leadership of then-DA Mimi Rocah, the office opened a review into the anonymous letter following a referral from the New Rochelle Police Department in April 2024, Young wrote.

“Our investigators contacted and interviewed the three women referenced in the letter,” she said. “It was determined that there was no criminal case that could be pursued on behalf of the three women.”

“The review was closed in August 2024,” Young added.

The letter was addressed to “the women it should concern” and mailed to five female city officials: Mayor Yadira Ramos-Herbert, then-City Manager Kathleen Gill, Council members Martha Lopez and Sara Kaye, and City Clerk Michelle Oliveros. It was intended as a warning to the five women who sat with Osinloye during City Council meetings.

“I am writing this letter to warn you about the abusive person you are interacting with. Shane Osinloye sexually assaulted me against my will and did the same to at least two other young women I know. One of them was under eighteen at the time,” the letter reads.

NRPD records previously obtained under the Freedom of Information Law stated that as of April 25, 2024, the department had made the District Attorney’s office aware of the allegations and that the office was “currently looking into” them.

RELATED

Osinloye Sexual Assault Claims Investigation Closed After Councilman Declined to Pursue Complaint, NRPD Records Show (7/31/2026)

New Rochelle Police Investigating Grave Criminal Allegations Against Council Member, City Says (4/24/2024)

Anonymous Letter Alleges New Rochelle Councilman Sexually Assaulted 3 Women (5/4/2024)

This article was prepared with the assistance of AI tools under the direction and editing of Robert Cox.

Have information about this story? Email robertcox@talkofthesound (preferred) or contact via WhatsApp: +353 089 972 0669.

Leave a Reply